Civ 6 launched its Summer 2017 Update yesterday which has brought new balancing, AI improvements and bug fixes. Also available is a brand new DLC pack. The DLC in question adds the Nubian civilisation, ruled by Queen Amanitore.
The AI in particular has been the source of many complaints for Civ 6 so it’s good to know it’s finally being fixed, here’s a list of all of the changes;
- Improved AI ability to move great works around to get theming
- AI will now better handle air attacks
– Bombers will attack Districts, Improvements, and then Units in that preference
– Fighters will prefer to attack other air units
- Improved desire to pillage cities
- Improved city planning with regard to adjacency bonuses
- During city attacks, concentrate unit attacks on more threatening units rather than spreading out
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the AI overestimating the value of demand tribute
- Adjust AI acceptance of embassies to be a bit more like what they already do for delegations
- Specifically, they probably will reject it if they’re unfriendly, will accept at neutral unless they have any other reason against it (close balance) and will generally accept it at friendly unless they have a strong reason against.
- In evaluating deals, the AI will mark elements that are unacceptable at any price, and expose that to the player
- Improve ability to utilize city-states, beyond just suzerainty
- As a player approaches victory, AI will become less friendly and more aggressive
You can view the full patch notes here. Civ 6 is currently on sale now too with the base game priced at £33.49/40,19€/$40.19 on Steam while the deluxe edition is available at £41.99/47,99€/$47.99.