Earlier this week, we wrote about the rumour that said Wonder Woman star, Gal Gadot, had told Warner Bros. that she wouldn’t do the movie’s sequel if producer Brett Ratner was involved. Now, the actress has spoken out about her stance on the producer.
Ratner’s RatPac-Dune Entertainment co-financed the superhero hit through its slate financing deal with Warner Bros., however, these ties have since been cut following the multiple allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct against Ratner.
While appearing on the Today Show to promote Justice League, Gadot spoke to presenter Savannah Guthrie about the removal of Ratner from the Wonder Woman sequel: “At the end of the day, a lot has been written about my views and the way that I feel, and everyone knows the way that I feel because I’m not hiding anything. But the truth is, there’s so many people involved in making this movie, and they all echo the same sentiments.”
She also added: “Everyone knew what was the right thing to do, but there was nothing for me to actually come and say, because it was already done before this article came out.”
Director of Wonder Woman, Patty Jenkins, also commented on the recent allegations (just days after praising him at a Jewish National Fund awards evening), posting to Twitter: “I am extremely distressed to read these terrible allegations against Brett Ratner. When I spoke of Brett, I spoke of my own experiences with him, which were not these at all.”
— Patty Jenkins (@PattyJenks) November 1, 2017
Jenkins here speaks of the comments she made when presenting Ratner with the Tree of Life Award, for his philanthropic work in Israel. Her appearance as presenter came after Gadot pulled out of the event following the news of Ratner’s misconduct.