Square Enix have revealed a bunch of new Life is Strange news over the last couple of days including details on the Vinyl and limited Edition boxed versions of the game as well as a release date for the bonus “Farewell” episode for Before the Storm.
The final episode sees players take control of Max Caulfield, the protagonist from the first game, for one last time. It will release March 6 across all regions digitally. The Limited Edition of LiS: Before the Storm includes a physical artbook featuring art from Life is Strange: Before the Storm plus the licensed soundtrack on CD. A Vinyl Edition is also available which includes all content from the Limited Edition plus a vinyl soundtrack. pre-ordering also grants players exclusive Chloe and Rachael figurines.
Both editions also include access to the following digital content:
- Mixtape Mode – Design your own playlist from the Life is Strange licensed soundtrack and listen to it alongside a cinematic scene from the game
- Outfit pack – Change up Chloe’s look with three new complete outfits. Includes Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man & Illuminati outfits
- Episode 1 from the first Life is Strange season
- Bonus “Farewell” Episode
Here’s a full tracklist of the CD/vinyl:
- Daughter – Flaws
- Koda – I Don’t
- Daughter – Glass
- Ben Howard – Black Flies
- Daughter – Youth
- Lanterns on the Lake – Through the Cellar Door
- Daughter – All I wanted
- Speedy Ortiz – No Below
- Daughter – A Hole in the Earth
- Broods – Taking You There
- Daughter – Burn it Down
- Wolf Alice – Bros
- Daughter – No Care
- Brody Dalle – Don’t Mess With Me
- Pretty Vicious – Are You Ready for Me
Both editions will release March 6 alongside the aforementioned bonus “Farewell” episode which sees the return of original voice actors Ashly Burch & Hannah Telle as Chloe and Max.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a prequel to 2014’s Life is Strange and stars Chloe Price as the central protagonist. It’s an episodic adventure without time travel this time around, instead players can utilise Chloe’s backtalk ability to change the outcome of certain events.