The cast and creators of new YouTube Original series, Origin, arrived at SDCC to give the audience a first look at the show which is being called “a mash-up of Lost, Alien, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers”.

Show creator Mika Wika Watkins said of the cross-genre show, “I don’t think Origin [is] just one thing – it’s many different things.”

And with the release of the first trailer, which says “This is a new world, where your history no longer has any relevance”, it seems that YouTube is really cutting its teeth in the sci-fi genre. The series follows a group of people who flee Earth to start a brand-new life on the Origin.

Director Paul Anderson mentioned that 60% of the series will take place on the “spectacular” spaceship, but the other 40% is about the characters’ backstories and the horrific things they did which made them want to flee to the Origin. In the three-kilometre long ship, these 11 passengers will have to survive and figure out what mysteries lurk on the craft, causing grotesque deaths.

Joining Tom Felton in the series are Natalia Tena, Sen Mitsuji, Nora Arnezeder, and Fraser James.

Origin is available through YouTube Premium.

Facebook Comments