In advance of the 4th of July holiday and to celebrate that the State of Decay 2 community now exceeds three million players, Undead Labs and Microsoft are proud to reveal our first post-launch content, the Independence Pack.
Available today on both Xbox One and Windows 10, the pack unlocks an array of fiery new versions of vehicles, weapons and gear for your community all wrapped together with COLORFUL GUNPOWDER. The team also added to the existing game with Update 2.0, which features 20 FREE new missions, nearly 10 new weapons, a “Rare Books” trader for new skills and plenty of improved gameplay in honour of the Independence Pack for ALL players.
The Independence Pack features three zombie-ready vehicles, access to a supply drop containing three new patriotic melee weapons, two unique ranged weapons and piles of single-use fireworks that are perfect for causing general havoc:
- Take the Pyrohawk, Burninator or Meatwagon out for a spin. With names like these, you know driving will be more entertaining.
- Step up to your station at the BBQ with The Freedom Ringer, Grillmeister and BBQ Fork – new hand-held zed-slaying solutions.
- Subtlety not your thing? Well we have the Pyro Launcher and Starshank Launcher, so you can blast zombies with fiery explosives.
- Just like loud noises with pretty colours? You’re in luck! The Block Rocker, Reign o’ Fire, Bouncing Boris and XL Firework Shell offer even more options to turn a mission into a celebration.
- The new Fireworks Crafting Station facility mod crafts additional fireworks or ammunition for your fancy new fireworks launchers. Also keep an eye out for a new wandering trader hosting a fire sale on these explosive new goodies. That’s right, a good ole traditional fireworks sale.
Grab the Independence Pack today for $4.99 USD (or for free if you purchased State of Decay 2: Ultimate Edition); Xbox Game Pass members also receive a 10 percent discount on the Independence Pack.
But wait, there’s more! After wiping out the blood plague and celebrating your legacy with this festive pack, get ready for completely separate shenanigans in the upcoming Daybreak Pack this September. That all-new content lets you take the fight to the zombies, featuring an exciting new mode where you play as a well-equipped Red Talon soldier. You’ll work to complete a challenging objective while protecting your fortified position against waves of zombies and freaks to earn new rewards and weapons. The Daybreak Pack is also included in State of Decay 2‘s Ultimate Edition.
For more information on State of Decay 2 and the Independence Pack, visit Xbox Wire.