Major Update to Episode 4 Also Rolls Out Tomorrow!
Marking the end of a development journey that originally started back in 2014, Raiser Games and Protocol Games are excited to announce the final chapter in the Song of Horror story will launch on Steam for PC on Thursday 14th May, 2020.
The release of the final episode in the series – though a little later than originally anticipated – will bring together everything players have experienced in the story to date; the horrors they’ve witnessed, the answers they’ve fought for, the characters they’ve lost, and – crucially – those who have survived, as well.
The Presence, now fully unleashed, will connect all the strands in the final episode, itself serving as the player’s last opportunity to get rid of the cursed song: Build a bridge into the past to change the dark future that awaits you, unraveling the origins of the eerie entity that refuses to let you go.
To stem the gap between the last two episodes, the developer will also be pushing out a major update to Episode 4 on Steam tomorrow that Protocol confirms makes “substantial changes” to the previous chapter.
Dubbed “The Horror and The Song”, the launch of Episode 5 will be a momentous release for Protocol Games, as studio founder Carlos Grupeli explains: “This is the closing chapter in an adventure we first set out on almost six years ago. We wanted to breathe life into a horror game we, as gamers had always wanted to play,” he says.
“All five episodes of Song of Horror are the product of that desire, and we can’t wait for those who have played the first four episodes – and indeed those new to the game, taking on all five episodes in one go – to experience just how the story ends. We also want to thank our publisher, Raiser Games, for supporting us in the decision to push back the episode’s launch to ensure its overall quality.”
Episode 5 will feature: –
- The former patients of Jeremy Hartwood Psychiatric Hospital now haunt its eerie hallways, enthralled by The Presence’s pull. Dive into the mind of the only person that listened to the song and survived to live another day through the unsettling memories of her doctor!
- Lidia properly joins the adventure! She is Daniel’s guardian angel and responsible for helping him overcome his alcoholism. Her selfless drive pushes her to help Daniel once again, this time with a different kind of problem.
- Witness the conclusion of your favorite characters and greet unexpected guests from the past. Their survival depends on your final actions in the story!
- A bone-chilling epilogue that changes everything. Song of Horror‘s last verse holds the final key to the story. How and why are The Presence and The Song connected? Will The Presence prevail over your characters?
The launch of Episode 5 comes a little later than had been anticipated, with Protocol Games stressing that the extra time is being used to ensure the final episode meets the standard both of the previous four chapters, and of the original vision those behind Song of Horror had back in 2014.
As indicated, however, as a sweetener, the studio can also today confirm it has been working on substantial changes to Episode 4, the fruits of which will roll out on Steam tomorrow.
Included in the update to Episode 4 will be: –
- More than 15 new events: unique scares, unexpected encounters, haunting sequences.
- An original collectible: The Tarot Deck. Find five fate-altering cards to help you resist The Presence!
- Deeper colour scheme: both the interiors and exteriors of St. Cecilia are now visually enhanced.
- Improved sound ambient: events, animations, and scenes display better sounding effects.
- Polished animations during scenes: we made some adjustments to characters to enhance the overall look of the cinematic moments.
Episode 5 of Song of Horror will launch on Steam for PC on Thursday 14th May, 2020.
The first episode of Song of Horror can be picked up on Steam today for $7.99/€7.99/£6.99, while the second and third and fourth can either be purchased individually for $7.99/€7.99/£6.99, or as part of the Season Pass that will also unlock the final episode at launch for $21.99/€21.99/£18.99.